Roses make an amazing gift and when made out of bacon, what else can anyone wish for? Making bacon roses bouquet at home is quite easy – it requires only a few ingredients and the entire procedure is pretty hassle-free too. If you’re short on time, you can shop now for bacon roses from reliable gift delivery services, have them delivered to your doorsteps and assemble the bouquet but we recommend making bacon roses yourself as well to add a personal touch and make the gift more special.
To make the perfect bacon rose bouquet at home, you’ll need:
- 1 pack thick-cut bacon
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Artificial roses
- Preheat the oven to 400 Fahrenheit.
- Take a bacon strip and begin rolling in the wider part firmly to make a rosebud, ensuring the pink side of the strip remains on the outward side.
- Secure the bacon rose with toothpicks so that it doesn’t open up while being baked.
- Line up the roses on the baking rack and drizzle them with maple syrup, brown sugar, and black pepper.
- Place the bacon roses in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the edges start to become crisp.
- Set aside and let the bacon roses cool down at room temperature.
- Separate the roses from the stems of the faux flowers and peel off the petals while leaving the Styrofoam bud intact.
- Thoroughly clean the pruned rosebuds and place a bacon rose on each of the bloom.
- Assemble the bacon flowers in a vase, filling it with marbles to hold the flowers in place.
And that’s it, the bacon rose bouquet is now ready to be presented to your loved ones!